Post processing GLSL suite

Would be great to have a suite of GLSL Browser components to drop/drag into networks that replicated similar processes to After Effects/Photoshop. For many of my works I create an image copy set to blending mode with a 25% Gaussian blur - this brings greater depth and warmth to the final image. Im not a GLSL programmer so wouldn’t know where to start! Perhaps Im wrong but seems like GLSL could replace all TOP post effects?

I’m not sure what you want. All TOPs are shaders (that’s why they are called Texture Operators), so they are GLSL (I guess).

I know where you’re coming from but chains of TOPS to create post effects arent the most efficient, replicating things like the effects of Magic Bullet Looks in single operators could be super useful.

ah I see. So more highlevel stuff right? hm. Yes :slight_smile:

You should create a Base container, place a TOP in, do your effects (with GLSL TOPs, Blur TOPs etc) and then put a TOP out.

I think it’s up to the community (or a generous individual) to build up a library of easy-to-use effects.

With a little practice it’s not too difficult to port shaders from ShaderToy and they quite a number there.

Not to make a plug or anything, I did a multilayer component that still needs some refining, but everything is done in one uber shader (and yes, it needs to be cleaned out a little bit), but is it basically dynamic Photoshop with basic adjustments.

It’s called Speedy Shaker. Feel free to perfect it.