Burning Man

Hey all,

If you’re going this year and are interested in performing I’m coordinating visuals at Opulent Temple this year. Really great camp, prime location, below is the call for DJs I’ve been posting for more info.

Or, if you’re there and not into performing, please stop by, we’re at 2:00 and Esplenade, can’t miss the camp. I’ll be around camp pretty consistently nights until dawn, performing most nights at some point as well.

Jeff

VJs needed at Burning Man 2008

Hello everyone, Opulent Temple is looking for VJs to perform with us at Burning Man 2008. Opulent Temple is one of the largest sound camps on the playa and we have a great visual set up, with 2 large 14’ screens, a dedicated VJ booth, an awesome sound system and a great line-up of DJs. Past guests on the decks in the famous flame throwing DJ booth ‘the O Pod’ have included Tiesto, Stanton Warriors, Paul Oakenfold, Lee Coombs, DJ Dan, Hybrid, Sandra Collins, D:Fuse, The Scumfrog, Freq Nasty, Tipper, Josh Gabriel (of Gabriel & Dresden), Bassnectar (Lorin) and many others.

We have themes for each evening this year and will be looking to fit visual performances into the theme for the night. We are looking for experienced VJs to help us blow out the visuals in grand style. We mix from sunset to sunrise from Tuesday through Saturday night, we will have at least one V4 mixer and DVD players to match.

Burning Man is a not for profit event, and thus none of us receive payment, but if you are planning to be at Burning Man, and want to jump in and mix a set, please send a demoreel to jeff@i-vapor.com. Ideally send us a link to your website, if you have to send a qt please keep it small. Also, please send us information about styles of music you like to mix with, how long of a set you would like, any special equipment needs and anything else pertinent to performing, we’ll do our best to slot you in.

Also, if you want to join the opulent temple camp you can do so at www.opulenttemple.org.

Thanks, hope to see you on the playa !

The Opulent Temple visual team