Media Design and Practices Survey

Hello TouchDesigner Community!

In an attempt to better understand the current approaches of designers, artists, technicians, and media programmers Daniel Fine and Matthew Ragan are conducting a short survey of current practitioners. Specifically, their aim is to better understand the current state of the industry in order craft a collegiate curriculum for media design. If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you might fit that description, and we’d like to know more about your process and approach in this complicated field.

Please take 15 minutes to complete a survey to help us learn more about how higher education can better serve the media designers of tomorrow.

Media Design Survey

Thank you for helping us learn more about what makes this industry so exciting, and how we might help make it better.

Daniel Fine and Matthew Ragan

Hello,
this sounds extremely interesting to me!

I am currently based in the Netherlands, Amsterdam, working as a media designer (mostly with touchdesigner, cinema4d, after effects) and I am doing some research about new approaches and trends in media design, as in some way in still involved in academy and considering in apply for pHd position.

The idea is to have a look at future perspectives

• spatial augmented reality and mapping:
  • evolution of techniques and tools (touchdesigner, realtime, dynamic mapping etc)
  • interesections with HCI (gamification, interfaces, UX)
  • impact on new media theories, as cultural software (lev manovich)
  • news: google tango, kinect v2 etc… spatial depth data

Trying to figure how to draw up a thesis/ article about this,
with touchdesigner as one of the main characters in it

If you anyone has any suggestions it would be awesome to discuss about it.

gio