Touchdesigner 077 and Windows Kinect Project Help

Hi,

My project requires Touchdesigner 077 and a Widows Kinect.

I am also using the KantanMapper as part of my project.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3070

The idea is to make a 2d image (pupil) move around inside a determined shape’s space (eyeball) and to follow around an individual using the depth sensor on the Kinect.

I am extremely grateful to anyone willing to help. I am sure I can compensate someone a little money if I can have this completed by this coming Saturday.

Even being pointed in the right direction of a post or tutorial will help as well.

Thanks,
Nuwud

(Patrick Wood)

Are you projecting a trompe l’oeil effect using Kantan?

Why dont you take the -1 to 1 values of the kinect UV coordinates of a body part, scale those to -90 to 90, then use those to rotate your eye?

Any reason for 077 instead of 088?

No, trompe l’oeil effect.

Just want to project some eyes following the person in front of the Kinect around.

The Kinect will only be able to see a shoulder and part of the torso of the user. Not enough to make out specific body parts. Kinect might be repositioned at some point for a better vantage point.

I need a 2D circle representing the pupil to follow around the moving depths created by the user within a 2D eyeball/eye shape.

I am not using 088 because I just barely found out about it and I don’t want to mess up my 077 Pro version by accident without reading all the specs on 088. I need to read more about it before I make the leap. The free version also supposedly has size constraints. The project is not commercial.

Have you tried what I mentioned above? About rendering the 3D sphere as the eye and rotating the geometry to match the UV co-ordinates you’re getting from kinect?

How are you positioning the kinect in relation to the projection surface? Can you draw a diagram?

I am still a noob at TouchDesigner. I will give that a try today, but I don’t know how yet.

You might want to check out the tutorials in the introduction section, and then theres a couple of the 5 minute tutorials that are about making and animating a 3d object.

derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … :Tutorials