TouchDesigner Workshop in London

For full information:
[url]http://visualesque.org/2016/05/25/touchdesigner-workshop-london/[/url]

It’s time for another London workshop. This is a two day 12 hour workshop on TouchDesigner with Richard Burns on 18th/19th June 2016. The price for the full event is £160. To purchase a ticket you can use the form below below details. This workshop will focus more on creation of content and VJing than building of systems which the last one was quite strongly using. This workshop will be held at Projection Artworks new headquarters.

Note: If the event is sold out then you can register interest by emailing richard@richard-burns.com. Also there is the comments/suggestions section of this post.

Day One (6 hours) – Introduction to TouchDesigner 088

– TouchDesigner user interface and an introduction to operators.
– Working with different operator families, generators and filters.
– A simple project using all operator families to create an audio reactive visual.
– Using Live controllers, Gamepads, MIDI devices and OSC.
– An introduction to Python and how Python works within TouchDesigner.

Day One Evening

On the evening we will likely go to the local pub to talk about projects, general catchup etc. The invitation to this extends to anyone and everyone who’d like to come as this’ll likely be a big meetup. We’ll be in The Vine from 6.30 in Kentish Town.

Day Two (6 hours)- TouchDesigner 088 Techniques & Workflow

– Hooking TouchDesigner up to Resolume via Spout
– Movie Playback and rendering techniques for rendering loops.
– An in-depth look at SOPs and what can be achieved with them.
– An overview of the Animation Component and keyframing techniques.
– An in-depth look at audio analysis using CHOPs.

Location, Date and Time:

Date: 18th-19th June
Time: 10.00am-6.00pm both days.
Projection Artworks
Unit 400, Highgate Studios
53-79 Highgate Road
London
NW5 1TL

Requirements:
A Laptop with TouchDesigner FTE 088 and mouse
It would also be recommended to have a copy of Resolume for part of this workshop although it is not vital
Knowledge from First things to know about TouchDesigner

Hi there, are you planning to do any workshop in the near future in London?

Not this year I’m afraid, perhaps sometime in the first quarter of next year but havent made any formal plans yet.

Thanks for your answer.

Please let me know if that happens, I’m very interested in developing my knowledge in TD.