FIXED: 2017.1360 (Windows): Drop Script not working?

The drop script feature is not working for me in 2017.1360 (Windows). I tried same TOE on build 62160 with no problems.
dropScript.10.toe (4.34 KB)

Just gave this a test with 2016.1840 and its working. Can you give it another try when a new build is posted?

Sure. Thanks Ben.

Hi Ben, I just tried with 2017.1900, and it’s still not working for me. It does work in 62160. :\

Let’s dig deeper and see what’s not working for you because it works here.
If you replace the script with a script “print(args)” do you see the expected results in the text port? Does the script even fire for you?

I am making Viewer active and dropping player onto the component, how are you dropping?

Hi Ben, sorry for not being more specific in my last reply.

I had previously tried everything you suggested, setting the viewer to active and replacing the script contents with both “print(args)” and “print(‘hello world’)”. It doesn’t seem like the script is firing at all – I see nothing in the Textport.

I’m on the road and will be home tomorrow evening. Once I’m back I’ll try on my desktop and see if I experience similar behavior.

Hi Ben, just following up. I tried it on 2017.1900 with two other Windows 10 machines, and I still can’t get the drop script to work. I even tried making a simpler example of a container COMP with a text DAT inside that simply had print(‘hello world’). The print command works when I right click the text DAT and select run script. However, the drop script did not trigger when dropping a file onto the active viewer. Everything worked as expected with 088 on all machines.

I also tried it on my MacBook Pro with 2017.1900, and it worked fine.

I’ll be in town this weekend for the hackathon (excited!), so worst case, I’ll be able to show you in person.

Does the drop script print stuff to the textport if you drop a node from the same network rather than drop a file externally?

The drop script does print the ‘hello world’ message if I drop a node onto it.

I was only dropping components, not external files, that might be the problem.

Ah yes, I just realized I never specified that I was trying to drop external files. Doh
Sorry! Good catch, Selina.

Windows 10
Touch 099

Drop is working for me :confused:

Yes, in this case I can confirm it doesn’t work the same as in 088, 099 does nothing.

Sorry for the delay. Should be fixed in 2017.3940+