Second Monitor super slow (3 FPS), primary fine at 60

I previously had Windows 7 installed with Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro mid 2013 with an NVidia GeForce GT 650M. Everything worked well and I was able to use TD (62160) on my second monitor, a Thunderbolt display running at 2560x1440, at 60 FPS.

I just upgraded to Windows 10, primarily to start using a Kinect 2 sensor. TD is struggling and the rendering of the default scene stutters sometime to 1 FPS. I can drag the window to my laptop monitor and then it runs at 60 FPS. If I drag it back to the Thunderbolt, back to 1 FPS. Some things that I’ve tried:

Instead of extending my monitors, I’ve tried mirroring them. TD runs at 60 FPS on my thunderbolt (but the resolution is only 1440 x 900). I also pushed the resolution up to 2560x1440 across both mirrored monitors. TD runs on the the Thunderbolt fine at 60 FPS. This isn’t ideal though as I don’t have two monitors anymore.

I tried extending the monitors again, but dropping the thunderbolts resolution to 1440 x 900. This still dropped TD to 1 FPS on the thunderbolt.

I’ve Got the latest drivers for the graphics card. Windows says I have the latest driver for the display (though it lists it as a “Generic PnP Monitor”)

In the Nvidia control panel I have Power management mode set to “Prefer maximum performance”. I also have Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration set to “Multiple display performance mode”. I’ve tried changing both these settings to all available options with no improvement.

Just restarted and everything is running fine… no idea what the issue was but feel free to leave my post in case the steps I took help anyone else.

Yeah this seems to be a problem with Nvidia Macbook Retinas under Windows 10, I also have the same thing occur sometimes. No known solution yet.