Registration Bug 2016.5580 MAC OS (non admin)

Hello everyone:

I have found the following issue. When non administrator user is trying to activate touch designer he gets the write error for the following folders /Library/Application Support/ca.derivative folder. His key still gets assigned but he can’t use the software.

The solution was as follows:

1. Open website, get activation key
  2. Change right permissions to the /Library/Application Support/ca.derivative
  3. The software will activate properly, and can be de authorized if pessary
  4. I would also like to mention that’s your error message box, was not changed from windows installer, the link for the Touch Designer shows c:\program files\ not /Applications/TouchDesigner099.app

I would also like to suggest a fix for the issues with users. In education environment the software is usually not ran under admin, but at limited users. There are few things that can be considered. Non admin users can not write to /Library/, they have their own Library folder ~/Library/, but if activation information will be placed in at the User level library it will cause the program to work only for the single user. Perhaps the best place for the folder is at shared user level library /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support

Guys you might also consider going with .pkg installer that will simplify post installation scripting. You can assign correct permissions to /Applications/TouchDesigner099.app folder

Cheers, Igor