macOS Beta Known Issues

CamSchnapper wireframe off crash will be fixed in 2016.3140+. Thanks for the report.

On instancing

I think it is possible to install NVIDIA own driver, would this fix the issue with instancing

This is so exciting! However I get a crash on startup on my mac of the 099 experimental build :frowning:

It’s a Mac Pro with Nvidia GTX 660, running OSX 10.11.6 .

Crash log here, seems to be openCV related?

pastebin.com/q4F4C2Xb

Similar Problem here. I also tried the older builds but I’m getting the same error.

pastebin.com/cZfkbXmX

MacBook Pro, 16 GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

cheers

Benny

Might be an issue with the graphic memory as well?
derivative.ca/wiki099/index.php? … Video_Card

benny

Thanks for the crash logs, we are looking at it and may have found something. We’ll get back to when there is a new build to try.

Not sure if this is a macOS issue, or my TD issue…

I’m not having any luck getting a video feed form an external USB2.0 camera from a VideoDeviceInTOP. The device is being recognized, and is selectable. No errors, just getting a black output. On the TOP, I’ve tried changing output resolution and aspect ratio at every imaginable configuration.

When I deactivate the TOP, and open Quicktime or Photobooth, the camera source is there, and i’m getting a clean input at 1280x720.

Camera below:

[url]https://www.amazon.com/ELP-2-8-12mm-Varifocal-2-0megapixel-Android/dp/B00SPBWM0M[/url]

TD v2017.7500
Mac Pro / OS 10.11.6 /AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

Most cameras I have tried in macOS work right away. Wondering if this camera is unique and not using the standard AVFoundation library we use on macOS. Do you have another Mac (or a friends) to try it on? Wondering if 10.11.6 is an issue, though I doubt it. I would also check if there separate drivers available from the manufacturer.

Hi, I’ve downloaded the final v099 release for Mac, but still have the same crash as before. Anyone else had more luck?

Hi Matte,
Could you send us the crash reports macOS creates and let us know the specifications of your mac? You can find the crash reports via ​Applications->Utilities->Console. The Crash reports will be under User Reports and named TouchDesigner099_date-xxx.crash.

We can take a look at your crash and hopefully find the cause! You can email them to support@derivative.ca
Thanks

Edit: I see you sent us some crash logs back in March, but since 099 has changed so much since then and you still have the crash we’d like to look at the current crash logs. thx again

Hello,
I am having a strange lighting behavior on MacOs Touchdesigner version.
I loaded the attached .toe on MacOS and on Windows10 on the same computer, you can see the results on these screen captures.

Any other Mac users experienced this ?

Touchdesigner 2017.11520
MacBook Pro - Intel Iris Graphics 550 - Os 10.12.5 / Windows 10
lightingbug Torus Sphere.toe (3.92 KB)
lightingbug 1.toe (5.23 KB)

This seems like a driver bug for that particular GPU on macOS. We’ll see if we can find a machine to reproduce the issue in the office.

Thank you Malcolm!

I have the same error on my mac computer.
Is there any solutions for this problem??

Hi there,

I´m relatively new to TD and so far things working pretty good.
I´m working on Mac and I recognised some problem with the cam comp here and then.
Sometimes it´s just not possible to render the geometry because the camera position won´t lock into the translated positions.
So everytime I want to bring the camera in position to see the geometry, the position doesn´t lock and the camera jumps back to the default position.
Though the coordinates are updated in the parameter window on the upper right.
Is someone of you familiar with this kind of problem?
(I´m working on MacOs Sierra 10.12.6 right now, latest TD Version 099)

thks a lot for help :mrgreen:

Hi dearno888,
Could you explain how you reproduce this? Are you using the 3D Viewer or how are you moving the camera?

Palette particlesGpu is not working on mac.
TD 2018.20310
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
Radeon Pro 455 2 GB

We think we found the solution for this today and a fix will be in next experimental post. Windows as well btw.

Hi there, I’m seeing touch crash immediately every time I drop a Capture SOP into a network. Using macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) on a macbook pro (late-2013 model) with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB gpu. Is this a commonly occurring bug or local to my system? My TD version is 2017.15400, thank you!

Do you have an crash reports you can share with us? Please go to the Console app and under User Reports you should find crash logs for TouchDesigner.