FIXED: 25220 - Key Management with Dongle

Hello,
I’m using a Commercial Dongle for my license. When I updated from 24240 to 25220 the Key Manager would pop up on loading a file. I could close the window, but additionally I’m getting Key errors showing I don’t have a valid license. When Installing Touch, I’ve clicked to support the dongle each time and don’t have any issues with 24240. Oddly enough when in Key manager it does show a commercial license, but I still get warnings on operators saying I’m using a Non-Commercial Key.

Is the Code Meter service running? I assume the installer is turning it off and somehow it’s not getting turned back on.

For now when installing a new version of TouchDesigner and you are using a Dongle, please enable the option “Install Runtime for Dongle Licensing” even though you had installed it before.
When removing the previous version, the installer currently also removes the Dongle Runtime. This will be fixed in future releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Markus

Hmmmm,
I re-installed the software, this time with build 25800 selecting to install Dongle support and am still having trouble. I can see CodeMeter running, and Touch recognizes the key eventually when I enter Key Manager, it just doesn’t do it on startup and never unlocks the full commercial functionality. I’ve tried this on multiple machines. I’m running Windows 8.1. When I reload build 24240 I have no issues and can repeat this problem on multiple machines with separate dongles.

Key-Bug-Small.jpg

Can you confirm that the CodeMeter icon in the system tray is green before you start TouchDesigner or the Dongle is listed in the CodeMeter Control Center?
Also once the License is recognized in the Key Manager, does the resolution limit go away after you force cook the MovieFileIn TOP?

Thanks
Markus

While I don’t have a CodeMeter icon in the system tray, I do see the Dongle listed in Control Center. In this case I’m using a Constant TOP but the resolution limits are on multiple TOP’s, even through it shows a Commercial license in the Key Manager. The resolution limit does not go away. This is on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If I revert to reinstalling 24240 there are no problems, but the Kinect features I’m using need the update to 25800.

Hey, can you contact me at malcolm@derivative.ca. I’d like to skype with you and try to figure out what’s going on here.

We have found the bug and fixed it. The fix will be in build 25860 or later.

I am having a similar issue with a clean install of 27550.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing but TD doesn’t seem to recognize my key.

Gonna try rolling back to 27300 for the moment.

The most likely reason is that your license has expired and you need to update to use the latest build.

Ah! That appears to be it. This is a good time to big up my old RFE for better user feedback about that:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11185