Notch TOP Bug

Win Build 2019 15230

I am working on some Notch to TouchDesigner tests. Once I accidentally unplug my Notch dongle ( I didn’t open my Notch software), a notification window appears that require plugging in Notch Dongle, etc. I click “Ignore” and then TouchDesigner crushed. Anyone has an idea about why it happens, please help me!

I’m not able to reproduce this here. Did you have Notch builder running at the time?

Could you send any crash dmps created, along with the Notch block you’re using, to support@derivative.ca?

Yes, I uploaded the dmp files, I do have the Notch builder. My personal assumption is the Notch TOP receive the information for closing Notch application once I unplug the Notch dongle, somehow it connected to TD and make it close as well.

TouchDesignerCrash099.x64.2019.15230.1.dmp (316 KB)

Was Notch Builder running at the same time you got the crash though? I believe that error is thrown by Notch Builder (I only get it when I have it open), and when I hit “Ignore” I don’t experience a crash.

Based on the dmp, the crash seems unrelated to the Notch TOP. Are you able to reproduce this consistently? If it’s from a non-default toe, could you also send that?