Widget error? unable to take data from midi interface.

Hi guys i’ve just ended converted my ui interface using the new widgets buttons and sliders on my kong mediaserver.

Finally i was ready to connect my midi output to my sliders (x or y) to send my knob value to this widgets but no options are working. (chop reference or binding are not working)

please i hope to recieve a fast reply because tomorrow i’ve my live, maybe i’ve wrong something with the new binding system but there’s no way to send this parameters… help!

bit hard to help as people can’t see what you are doing exactly - but here’s simple example (made in 2019.14650) of a widget and two nodes which all have a parameter bound to each other - if you change one they all change - maybe this helps?
binding_example.tox (11.8 KB)
Also see documentation about Binding and Widgets

If other methods aren’t working for you, use a chopEXEC to set the widget value par when channel value changes.

+1, having this issue with widgets, actually unsure if its possible to set anything dynamic from CHOP in the bound value field at all.

You can use python expressions or CHOP exports in any Bound Parameter as long as its the ‘master’, the one there the bind originates from. This is indicated by a small square in the parameter’s UI.

BoundPar.PNG

I still don’t understand how to set the value with a channel from a CHOP. Is a python expression really the only option here?

If you make the CHOP’s viewer active, or open the viewer as a floating window, you can then drag any channel in the CHOP to a parameter. When you drop it on the parameter, a popup dialog will show, select “Export CHOP” and the export will be connected.