RESOLVED: Keyboard In CHOP/DAT doesn't recognize CTRL+1

Build: 2019.13330

Both the CHOP and DAT Keyboard In don’t appear to recognize CTRL+1. CTRL + any other key seems to work (CTRL+2, etc.). ALT+1 and CTRL+ALT+1 also work.

Can anybody reproduce?

Or am I maybe missing something? I’m very new to TouchDesigner, so entirely possible I overlooked that CTRL+1 is reserved for something that I haven’t seen.

I do not see a problem on my computer with ctrl, however “Command” + 1 does stick ‘on’ with the Keyboard In CHOP and doesn’t respond with the DAT. Did you mean the “Command” key?

Could you upload your file we can use your exact settings. Thanks

Thanks for your reply! I did mean Control (ctrl), not Command (cmd).

I’ve attached an example file that shows the bug on my computer running macOS 10.14.4 and build 2019.13330.

I also just checked this on another machine that has macOS 10.14.4. as well, but is running build 2018.27300. On that machine the bug did not occur and everything worked as expected, so maybe that is helpful information.

Cheers!
CTRL-1_bug.toe (4.07 KB)

Thanks for the example file. This is working on my computer. Could you tell us what ‘country’ keyboard you are using?

For example
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 9.10.23 PM.png

Oh, weird that it is actually working for you. I’m using a US keyboard and layout.

Hey Ben,

any new input on this?

Can you check your macOS System->Keyboard->Shortcuts and see if you have any custom shortcuts set to ctrl+1? I added a custom shortcut for show/hide notification centre and no longer gets ctrl+1 in the keyboard CHOP. Unfortunately macOS intercepts shortcut keys so if this is the case TouchDesigner will not get any key events.

Hope this helps.
Selina

Wow, seems that did the trick! There was indeed a shortcut mapped to CTRL+1. After disabling it, TD was able to see the key event. Thanks!