ScreenGrab Sample Issue

I have two systems and screengrab is performing differently on the two systems with the same TD version (2018.27910 release also tested 2019.12330 exp all Windows)

First the two systems:

System 1 (Laptop):
Alienware 15 R2
Nvidia GTX 970M and Intel HD Graphics 530 (I have disabled the Intel Graphics in device manager)
Have tried with both built-in display and with external display

System 2 (Desktop):
Custom Built Machine
NVidia GTX 980
3 External displays Occurs on all 3

The screengrab TOP behaves as expected on the laptop but not the desktop. Yet the laptop is giving me a warning on that TOP: “Unable to perform GPU to GPU screen capture. Using Fallback.”. The Desktop has no error but the screengrab TOP is producing an image that has aliasing/sampling artifacts. I can reproduce the error with just a single screengrab TOP with a 476x144 capture area. It is capturing the output of Photoshop CC 2019. The easiest thing to tell on is single pixel width text. The text looks “doubled” and blurry on the desktop screengrab but sharp on the laptop. I also get a sharp look by saving the photoshop file as a TIFF and then showing it with a MovieFileIn TOP.

I suspect the method used in the fallback is just superior for pixel accuracy so perhaps there is a way to force TD to use that mode?
screengrab1.tiff (11.9 KB)
TD Error example.tif (252 KB)

Thanks for the report, we’ll look into this.

Just one think to check, do you have any Display Scaling on? Are both machines set to 100% Scale and Layout under the Display Settings dialog?

Yes scale is set to 100% on all monitors. Some of the monitors tested are 4k monitors but still set to 100% scaling.