Hold CHOP causing cooking even when not sampling

I’ve been attempting to use the Hold CHOP to prevent the cooking of a processor intensive upstream CHOP on a large data set. There’s no reason to cook if the Hold chop isn’t sampling, but it does it regardless.

Build 27840 MacOS

Even more concerning… i have some evidence now that the hold chop simply doesn’t work at all when touchdesigner is in perform mode, though it’s hard to tell exactly how it’s failing. if you have trouble reproducing I’ll try breaking out an example so you can see it failing.
-michael

Hi Michael, can you post the small CHOP network doing this?

Sure. This attachment illustrates how hold doesn’t work at all in perform mode. Open the window GUI while in editor mode and click and drag to pan the camera looking at the banana. Works great. Now close the window and enter perform mode with F1. The offset data in the hold chop no longer works.

I’m assuming what I’m calling the cooking bug is more easily reproduced?
thanks,
michael
holdBug.1.toe (10.8 KB)

Hi Michael, could you lock your assets in MESH2 as the texture and the geo are not included in the example file.

Looking at your network, I think the problem is nothing is using the information in camPos CHOP so it doesn’t cook, so when you sample it in your chopexec2 its an old value. At the beginning of your callback you could forcecook the camPos CHOP to update the values before using them.

It would be easier to tell what’s going on with the assets though, this is just a hunch.