DMX out/in weird remapping

Hello

1- I ran into this issue this morning that I cannot explain
somehow the ArtNet values are reversed when going from DMXout to DMXin
DMXbug.gif

2- I’m having issues connecting different computers with DMXin DMXout
Actually even on the same machine, the new implementation where we specify the Local Emitter seems a bit buggy, or maybe I don’t understand well

DMXbug2.gif
Is it because Artnet only goes over ips in the form 2...* , 10...* or 255.255.255.255 broadcast ?
Weird that it’s not working when I shoot to my own ip in 10...*

Not sure about your top problem (getting inverse values back. can you send me the file where this happens?)

But for the in and out problem, it’s hard to tell each situation that you present in the gif because the IP addresses aren’t readable. It’s supposed to be that the top field is which IP address you want to send data to (unicast, or broadcast in which case you type 255.255.255.255) and then the bottom field (Local Address) for choosing which network adapter on your local computer the data should be sent out FROM.

An Asterisk (*) is kinda like “autoselect” I believe, which I think let’s windows kinda determine with adapter to use, which is always going to be confusing. Also confusing is the list of options in that dropdown, which I believe are presented to TouchDesigner by Windows when TD starts up, so it may or may not be accurate and may be confusing if you change NIC setup after starting TD.

The best way to use it is I think to just manually type in the IP address that you have set for your local network card (not use the dropdown) and then use either broadcast or type in the IP of the computer you want to send to in the top field. I am able to do so with non 10. or 2. IPs so I doubt that’s your problem. Most likely the confusing state of Windows networking stack that’s causing troubles.

DMXInOut.gif