Asus Bloat Ware & Xbox software ruining my day again

Hi I use TD lots, and have to install TD stuff on new computers all the time. I just spent all day (again) finding what bloatware was killing my project. I always have “open a window on monitor 1” problem with the Window comp - opening window on the other monitor crashes that instance of TD. This time what fixed it was uninstalling all the Xbox stuff and uninstalling Asus Sonic Suite - now all is working well. I’m still using 88 62960, last version btw. I hope this helps someone!!! XO!!!

Yes we’ve found the ASUS bloatware to be very problematic, especially the ‘sonic suite’. There is another post in the forum about it, its very unfortunate.

I would recommend a clean install of Windows for any laptop that comes with pre-installed software. Some of it robs performance, some of it causes incompatibilities, some of it might be malicious in that is shares your data unknowingly. Installing a clean Windows on arrival of your new machine can be the best move.

Speaking of windows 3rd party bloat, it might be worth checking out this tool:

[url]https://github.com/alirobe/Reclaim-Windows10[/url]

It’s a powershell script that does a lot of thing but one of the options you can enable is to uninstall 3rd party bloat. I think it’s just particular to default windows bloat but I haven’t really looked into what it’s actually doing.

Use this carefully. There are a lot of options and some of them may cause you more trouble then they’re worth.