IDS Camera not load with paramter file | 2018.b22270

cant load IDS Camera with parameter file | 2018.b22270
maybe adding this small option to load an ini file and from epprom…
otherwise is abit useless camera.

What was the result of this discussion? facebook.com/groups/touchde … ?query=IDS

Sounds like its a option in the IDS software if you have the SDK installed?

Hi Ben

1. I`m able to save the parameters to the camera thru camera cockpit + camera manager.

2. in touch designer its not extract the parameter as it should,
    I configured the camera to operate on its hardware and consume very little from the
    system CPU , when i`m running in touch, the cpus run on 100% like in the deafualt mode.

3. its output the whole resolution instead of the cropped section i defined.
    4.still - for more pro use cases like multiple cameras and their modes its very important
    to be able to send to the camera its parameter file, IDS is a real features monster include precise sync generator.

4. could be driver issue ?

#2 I don’t know how you can say the CPU is the camera or TD, TD often takes 100% CPU on 1 core. If you run a TD file without the camera what is the CPU usage?

#3 we could look at, but I would recommend a Crop TOP.

#4 What features are you looking for exactly?

Hi Ben !

IDS camera have different modes settings.
this case we talking about the uEyeCamera line of cameras.
by default, software mode is ON and it uses the computer cpu to process the
raw camera input into RGB image. for many cases it pump up all cpu cores to 100%.

Among many parameters you can edit, you can choose the camera to process
the raw image on the its own chip - it called "hardware mode"
this way with additional tweaks the computer use very little of the cpu
to transfer the camera data.
(there is also potential opencl feature )

TouchDesigner “video device in” with IDS driver option does not accept the new parameters
or its not accept them right .
it always cause the computer run on 100% utilization when use with IDS or directshow.

A must feature (in my opinion)
Adding member function to "video device in
"that’s accept ids parameter file to set the camera parameters.

I added the ini file that works well with the ids software for my case as example for parameter file.

barak_color_profile.ini (3.86 KB)

You have to load the ini file via the directshow demo in the sdk and it will work, trust me on that, next time I’m on site I can document it for you. I’ve got 20 of them and they’ve been running for 8 months now with restarts, power failures and everything and the settings are still the same.

We have encountered IDS connection issues though and we’re currently in discussion with them about what those might be over long installations so be wary of that if you’re putting them into an installation. This isn’t a touchdesigner issue but rather an issue with the device malfunctioning in windows itself.

Actually just found one in the drawer next to me.

Go to C:\Program Files\IDS\uEye\Samples and open uEye_DirectShow_Demo.exe
Select your device from the list and click “filter properties”
Go to the device tab and set Load/Save location to “display file selection box”
Hit Load settings and find your .ini file, hit open.
Change Load/Save location to local registry
Hit save settings
Change Load/Save location to EEPRom user set
hit save settings.

Use directshow driver in touchdesigner. dont use the IDS driver.

Really great tips, thanks!

thanks richard will look on it.

Hi Richard,
seem like DirectShow solve most of the problems.
I encounter another issue.
It seem like directshow implantation in touch only support 8bit rgba .

Question to Malcolm :
Can we retrieve 10,12,16,32… bit r,rg,rgb ,rgba… texture using directshow ?

thanks again.

Our DirectShow implementation only supports capturing at 8-bit right now. Sorry.

hey guys, sorry to pull up an old thread. some great info in here though.

I’ve got my hands on a uEye camera that I’m trying to use with TD.
I had got the best results with the DirectShow driver in Video In TOP but am definitely encountering some crashes.
One of which I think is related to the DirectShow camera ID set up in IDS manager. If the ID has already been used, TouchDesigner will crash upon activation of Video In TOP. If I assign a new DirectShow ID to the camera, sometimes it works.

The uEye DirectShow Demo sample seems to work, but also these issues started happening when I first opened the demo (hence the camera ID conflict?)

I’m not having much luck manually editing the DirectShow camera ID’s using regsvr32 or DirectShow Camera manager, so if anyone has any tips for that as well that could be greatly appreciated.

thanks