RESOLVED: Disabled pars can be changed via script

I’m not sure if it’s a bug but I’m building my custom COMP and I want to be sure that in certain cases certain parameters are unavailable for user to interact with (for example you can’t push play button until you’ve selected a file to play). I’m achieving this by disabling those pars, but it turns out that they are still editable through script and for me this seem like a kind of discrepancy. Any comments on that?

You should set the pars to “Read-Only”, a feature only available in Experimental. Changing par value when they are not enabled is legal.

In both cases still, the settings are ultimately changeable through scripts as you’ve noted.
If your application is really trying to protect access to node parameters more directly, you may want to consider privacy options available with Proc licenses:

derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … le=Privacy

Hey,

Ok, so after some more discussion on this, both the Read-Only on and Disabled parameters are still going to be editable via script. The reasoning for this is that the point of these features is to guide UI interaction. However you may want to dynamically change a read only parameter, or set a disabled parameter to some pre-set value.
In your example the handler for the play button should be checking the file parameter and reacting accordingly.