RESOLVED: Mac, Extremely Long App Startup Time

I’m having some very strange and unpredictable behavior.

I’m on Touch 099. macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015).

Essentially, when I start TD via double clicking a Toe file, the app icon will show that the app is open in the dock, and I’ll get the File menu along the top of the OS. However, the splash screen will inconsistently take absolutely forever to appear - sometimes minutes, sometimes never.

I can’t seem to figure out a consistent repro case. This is the case for all toe files I’ve tried.

Any suggestions? Once the app spontaneously opens a project successfully, everything is fantastic! Just can’t figure out exactly what’s going on with startup.

If you start a default .tow and save it, then start that .toe, is it the same slowness?

You know, it was the same startup time. Strangely, this seems to have suddenly become more predictable.

For a while, I found a way to kick it in the ass by going to the menu and opening the “Performance Manager”. It seemed that asking it to open a window caused the splash screen to appear and the app to start loading.

Strange, but seems to be ok now!