touchplayer path problem with 3700 experimental build

i have been using the automediaplayer from the palette.
developing in the current stable build (15960) on windows 10.
when i play this with touchdesigner and touchplayer 15960 it plays fine (on the same machine).
i tried playing this on two other machines, one windows 10 and the other mac os 10.13.2 with the latest experimental build of touchplayer (37900) and neither showed any images.

next i played it on a different windows 10 box with the release build of touchplayer and it worked fine. I than installed the latest experimental build and the file no longer played images in touchplayer.

i’ve attached my test file. inside is a text file with the path vars i was using. i had been using a folder in the project directory named slideshow. however the experimental build doesn’t work with a local path or with a path to the td samples folder.

on the plus side i am no longer getting any windowing in touchplayer. i am still getting the splash screen .

also, the mac touchplayer 15960 link on the download page is not working.
mediaPlayerTest.toe (7.8 KB)

i neglected to mention that his is really a autoMediaPlayer issue. Other images (in a movieFileIn top for instance) are showing up just fine.
autoMediaPlayer is using custom parameters, so perhaps it has something to do with those.