FIXED [099.14620] Constant CHOP Snap "First Channel" Error

If you have a CHOP with more than 40 channels in it connected to a Constant CHOP and then use the “First Channel” parameter to try to snapshot, for example, channels 21 through 60, it will only capture 21 through 40 and just leave the extra 20 constants blank.

constantsnaperror.toe (4.59 KB)

Constant CHOP was designed primarily to provide UI sliders for 40 channels, so capturing more than 40 channels won’t be ideal.

Have you considered using the Hold CHOP?
In can store arbitrary number of channels.
If you turn of ‘Time Slice’ in the common page, it will capture the entire length of each channel, as well.

I’m not trying to capture more than 40 channels, I’m trying to capture 40 channels starting from a channel higher than the first channel. The wiki says that the point of the “First Channel” parameter in the snap tab is so that you can selectively capture 40 channels starting from a different channel number if your input CHOP has more than 40 channels.

From the wiki:

So instead of capturing channels numbered 1-40, I’m trying to capture, for example, channels numbered / index 21-60, which is still a QUANTITY of 40 channels, just starting from INDEX 20 instead of index / channel number 1. BUT the current behavior is that if you set the first channel parameter to 21, instead of capturing channels 21-60 (qty 40 channels) it captures 21-40 (qty 20 channels).

Thanks for the clarification.
This is now fixed in the next build.

Take pride in the fact you’ve found a bug in one of the original set of CHOPs !

Cheers,
Rob.