FIXED : TD crashing with error code 0xc0000005

Hello everyone,
I am experiencing TD crashing on random times with error code 0xc0000005 (Located in crash dump file)

I’ve done some research and for most users this error is tied to a faulty graphics driver or bad RAM.

That being said, the computer running TD uses Intel Core i7 integrated graphics card. I know, I should not be using it with TD most of the time, but the application running on the computer isnt that much graphics-heavy, it’s used for artnet lighting with simple effects. FPS is constantly at 40+ FPS, which is absolutely ok for that.

According to System Requirements, Intel graphics are supported (with low performance sure, but performance is not an issue here)

Attached are two dump files, which were created on two separate occasions TD crashed. First happened after 13 days of nonstop runtime of TD without issues. The second happened just after one day of running.

Now, I wanted to ask - has anyone experienced issues like this before?
Could it be related solely due to the fact, that the computer is running Intel graphics card?
Or could it be related to just a driver issue? I havent installed any specific drivers, just using the default ones on Windows 10.

I’m researching what might be the cause right now. But I wanted to share this on the forums, if perhaps somebody experienced this before and would be so kind and perhaps give some advice, what might be the root of the problem… Any tips/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Sky
TouchDesignerCrash099.x64.2017.13460.2.dmp (458 KB)
TouchDesignerCrash099.x64.2017.13460.1.dmp (922 KB)

Thanks for the report. It should be fixed build in 2017.14680 or later.

Oh my god, thanks a lot! You guys rock :slight_smile: