(not a bug) Component Editor drop-down menus don't work

MacOS 64-bit Build 2017.13460

I cannot change the parameter type or size because the drop-down menus don’t appear when I click on them.

EDIT: The issue was resolved after restarted TouchDesigner, and I don’t know how to reproduce it!

EDIT 2: I turned cooking off, so of course nothing was updating.

Unfortunately I’m unable to reproduce the issue. Do you have a custom page added to the component which enables the drop downs? If you drag, say, the histogram from the palette, and RMB->Customize Component on that, are the drop downs working in the component editor?

Hi Delu,

It sounds like you haven’t created a “Parameter Page” first. You need to first create a page that the parameters will live on. After there is a Page added, you should be able to create parameters and all the drop down menu will be enabled.

I did make sure to add a Parameter Page, and hacked around it by just making everything single floats.

But this issue spontaneously resolved after I restarted TouchDesigner! Unfortunately I don’t know how to reproduce it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We got proactive on what I thought it was anyways and now if no Parameter Page is present we create or for you with the first parameter you create.

Let us know if this issue pops up again.

Because the popups are separate windows, I wonder if this might be related to some sort of Mac “Always on top” window state or something.

Were you running Touch in some kind of special state? Did you check the textport for errors?

I’ve had this happen in the past and realised it’s when the project timeline is paused. Unpausing gets everything working again

I just realized my issue was when I turned cooking off! Not really a bug but also not intuitive but I don’t see any way around it other than making tutorials be like “if anything isn’t changing, make sure cooking is on and the timeline is running”