FIXED: Folder Refresh on but not updating

Hello,

I’m just wondering if it is just with me, or I’m misunderstanding something…

A folder dat set to refresh = on is supposed to refresh the folder automatically , Right ?
It doesn’t work for me. Right now on 099.11520 (windows) but I remember the same behavior for some time now ( 088 as well)
Not a big deal as I 'm using timer to refreshPulse via script.

thanks

Xavier

Same here… for now I just pulse the refresh manually when I’ve made changes to folders/files. :neutral_face:

Yeah I pulse it manually as well. I’ve also noticed that pulsing it while the refresh parameter is turned on doesn’t seem to work.

If any of you would like to email simple examples to support@derivative.com we’d love to figure out what’s happening.
Seems to work in our simple cases.
Cheers,
Rob.

I was working on a simple example to illustrate it, but the folder refresh was working perfectly in any direction.
So I re-open the project with the problem and still the same no refreshing , need to pulse refresh. I inserted a new fresh folder dat , with the same parameter and this one works perfectly :unamused: (running 12100 now)
So worth a try, if you encounter the same problem to replace the folder dat with a fresh one.

I don’t know if this is possible but I have been working on this project for nearly a year. The folder dat has been created back then and kept some properties …

Xavier

Sorry, After saving and re-opening it doesn’t work any more … :smiling_imp:

Rob, I mailed to support a example that illustrate the problem.

For the ones following on that, it seems that when the folder dat is linked to a replicator to generate some UI element in a container it will not refresh. (after saving and re-opening )

Xavier

Hate to re-hash this old thread, but I am having this issue in 099.

Is it perhaps a windows thing?

Is it advised still to use the refresh pulse as an alternative to live refresh?

Thanks for your further examples.
We’ve found an issue causing the refresh to sometimes fail when the toe is first started.
We’ll have a fix out next build, 2017.12520+
Rob.

Any updates on this? Folder DAT isn’t actively refreshing the folder on macOS 2017.15400 Non-Commercial

Should be fixed in 2017.16240 and 099 Build: 2017.37860 for macOS. Thanks for your patience.

Seeing this issue on Windows in build 2021.13610

I’m unable to reproduce with a small number of files, but I’m seeing the strange bug where I can copy the buggy folderDAT to a new instance and it works for a little while but sure enough stops refreshing after a few updates

hey @benjaminben FYI there have been 6 official releases of TD since version 13610, so I recommend to upgrade to current official release, perhaps your issue was already fixed a while ago.

1 Like