Opening Windows on Second Monitor

This is a topic started in a previous one but since it was together with a different problem it has been asked to separate them.

When I try to open a COMP Windows on monitor n. 1 td crashes.
This happens also with a fresh new project.

Workaround to have a full screen window on monitor n. 1 (from Rakasis user):

1 - Open window on monitor n. 0;
2 - Move the window manually on monitor n. 1 or changing the Monitor parameter to 1;
3 - Change the parameter “Opening Size” parameter from “Custom size” to “Fill location”

Naturally if I set “open as a separate windows” to 1 and I leave 1 in Monitor parameter and save the project, that tox will always crashes when I open it.

If you do this with a script or chop, triggered with a button, you have to lag/delay a little the operation n. 1 from n. 2 and from n. 3 otherwise td crashes.

My hardware is an Asus Rog laptop connected directly with hdmi:
win10 / gtx1060m / td 2017.11520

Other users with same problem have (from the previous topic):
SeeYouTMorra: win10 / gtx970m / td 2017.2300 (display port and hdmi)
Rakasis: gtx970 / td 088 and 099

Rakasis says same card of SeeYouTMorra but X2 (probably not a mobile version)

@Markus
recent video drivers
no option here to force discreet video card
it happens on every monitor n. 1 and resolution

@Ben
All the users are not getting any dump file
This problem is not related only to perform mode

Thanks you,
arm

Thanks for organizing this nicely. I see everyone is on Geforce cards here so I will try to find one and reproduce the issue.

When it crashes on you, can you look in the Windows Event Viewer for crash entries? This might help us if we can see where the crash is occurring.

It’s a pleasure to help you. I understand how sometimes is difficult to reproduce same events with different hardware.

I’m so sorry Ben, I can’t add info you ask now because I left that laptop to the users yesterday and it would be very difficult to explain them how to look for in the event viewer (different language and skills).
I will not come back anymore unless td stops working or for a new project :slight_smile:

Definitely getting this same issue here. Also on a Nvidia card (dual GTX1080s)
Am using an older build of TD (088.62610) and have the latest GeForce drivers installed (385.41)

I can reproduce it reliably by either opening a window COMP on any monitor other than my primary one, or opening a textport, moving it to a secondary monitor and closing/reopening.

Had a look in the windows event viewer and these were the only things I could find (although there was only one instance of each of these after I crashed it 3 times in a row

tdError1.PNG

tdError2.PNG