TouchDesigner UI offset on Intel NUCs

I have noticed on several different models of Intel NUCs that the TouchDesigner UI is shifted up by approximately the same number of pixels as the dock is tall. This causes the top of the TD window UI to be occluded by the window title bar and thus unclickable. Also all mouse interaction is offset similarly - I need to click several cursor-heights below where I want to click.

I haven’t had much chance to play with Intel graphics settings or Windows OS settings to try to fix it. I am not sure which build introduced this problem, but I didn’t notice it on the NUC6i5s that I put in an installation in March 2017. They’re on the other side of the globe, but I can VNC in later to check what build they are running.

Anybody else having these problems?

I assume 099? This occured early in beta when coming out of perform mode but I haven’t see it in months. Do you have any DPI Scaling turned on in Windows Display settings? Try setting that to 100% if its not already.

How is Perform Mode? Is it just the editor? HMDI or mini-DP?

Been having this issue in 088 and 099 across several NUC models (6th and 7th gen i3 and i5). At the moment I’m on my NUC6i3 at home, plugged in to a 1080p monitor via HDMI. Windows 10 settings are a bit weird to navigate, but I found a display scaling parameter (No mention of “DPI” specifically, but assume that’s what they meant) and it was already at 100%. I then went through the Intel Graphics settings making sure everything was set to native settings.

I also saw the problem today at work with no monitor connected but viewing with a VNC program. Everything else in Windows worked fine, but TD editor UI had same weird offset. I’m not sure if we were using HDMI or mDP before we switched to VNC control, but it was a problem then too. (The NUCs are hidden behind screens and I’m generally not the one handling hardware on this project.)

I rarely use NUCs to output content to monitors (mainly use them to send Kinect data) but built a test case with a Button COMP to check perform mode… the mouse interaction seems to line up like it should. So it appears it is a bug in the editor mode.

We still haven’t been able to see this in any testing. We have a 2.5 yr old i5 NUC here.

Is the monitor you have connected always hi-DPI?

Is its a particular project or even if you open an empty session?

What happens if you grab the window and make it ‘snap’ to the desktop by dragging it to the top-middle part of the Windows Desktop, does that redraw help lay it out?

Back at the home location with the NUCs and checking back on this as it is crushing my productivity. It happens in any project, including new. Along with the main Editor UI, I am also having trouble in certain pop-up windows, such as “Display Options - Selected Viewport” wherein I cannot see/click the top row of tabs (Guides & Markers, Viewport…)
However pop-up windows accessed from dialogs menu have correct alignment (e.g. Performance Monitor, Window Placement). The Palette browser works fine as a floating window but UI interactions are misaligned when it is docked in the editor window.

As a test I just added the “gal” example to a new project. If I enable Viewer Active flag for the node, the interaction is a bit off in the viewer, and it’s off when I right-click and open a pop-up viewer window. However, the alignment seems correct when I open a viewer in borderless mode. Hopefully that provides some hint to the problem. (Still on VNC at the moment but willing to test with various monitors if needed.)

I can’t begin to guess how many times I have clicked the wrong parameter because of this…

It would be good to confirm it happens without VNC. Something we can try to reproduce, and we need to remove that variable from this possibilities.

I haven’t seen this problem in TD, but have in other software.

In those instances it was related to a bug in the newest Intel display drivers. Rolling back a version or two made the problem go away. Would be worth a shot.

Often when looking for different Nvidia/AMD/Intel drivers that the auto-update systems or manufacturers don’t supply, I go to this page and try to get newer/older/beta drivers.

guru3d.com/files-categories/ … ivers.html

Great resource.

I was experiencing the same issue of an offset the network editor in drawing and cursor interaction of about the height of the “mainmenu” ui dialog.

So i thought i’d chime in, however in my case I’m running a the recent 099 expirimental build (2017.30400) on a small laptop to its onboard display rather than a NUC to VNC. In my case I rolling back the OEM display drivers to the default naked windows basic display adapter, then reinstalling the latest intel hd drivers (15.46.05.4771 ) seemed to fix things at all display scaling modes!

Again, not sure if this is a similar maybe monitor size reading issue being created both by my oem version of display drivers and what VNC/RDC are virtualizing displays but I hope that helps you guys out!

Having the same issue on my i7

Found this post and thought it was related, posted my comments there:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10259&p=57784#p57784