Scarlett 2i2 (1st gen) - Audio Device In crash

Windows 10 (64 bit) - 088 or 099

I was having TD hard crashes whenever I activated my ASIO Scarlett 2i2 (1st gen) sound card via Audio Device In CHOP.

The device is working correctly in other programs, and Audio Device Out CHOP works. As a work-around, I discovered that if you install the driver for the newer gen sound card, it works in TD again, and the sound card mostly works as normal (unplug and re-plug if it starts crackling).

The working driver is Focusrite USB ASIO Driver 4.36.4 - Windows

Other users also seem to be using the newer driver - [url]http://masters-of-music.com/1st-gen-focusrite-scarletts-work-with-2nd-gen-drivers-for-lower-latency/[/url]

Hello, I looked into buying a Focusrite to test this as it seems they are popular but have problems for a lot of users. Then I noticed you have 1st-gen and its pretty hard to find a 1st-gen anywhere for a real 1-to-1 test.

In my searches, I found this thread where some Ableton users had a lot of issues with their 1st-gen devices and this beta driver they refer to fixed it for some. Wondering if you could give the beta drivers mentioned in this thread (1st reply) a try and see if it improves. Don’t know what we can test without a 1st gen device here.

The latest beta driver is the same as the current release. 4.36.4 - it does more or less work with the first gen 2i2. After a while I get a fuzzy crackle in the audio stream, but it goes away if I unplug and replug the device. Maybe tuning ASIO buffers could fix it? Have not had any TD crashes using that driver.