RESOLVED: Presets (Palette)- Windows 099 2017.10000

Hi,

The Presets container from the Palette doesn’t allow any update of existing presets.

Is there any plan on fixing and improving the Presets component?

Thanks

Does the “Replace” not update a preset for you?

What I see on my container with a Preset i it is an Update button and it doesn’t work.
If I interface directly with the Preset component, when I hit the replace button, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “instanceVertexDisplace/presets/parexecPresets”, line 14, in onPulse File “instanceVertexDisplace/presets/PresetsExt”, line 726, in UpdatepresetAttributeError: ‘PresetsExt’ object has no attribute ‘owner’ 187348 7637 abort DAT instanceVertexDisplace/presets/parexecPresets

Same issue here. Any ideas what’s going on?

xbix, which build are you running? This post was from 2 years ago and the component has changed. If fact there was a major update to the Preset component in the Spring Official Update, so recommend you try build 2019.15840.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I’m using the latest build 2019.15840 - Windows 10

Please let me know if you need more information.

Hi,
I am not seeing these errors when i try the component. Are you dragging in the Presets Component from the Palette in 2019.15840 and getting a the new one, or are you using an old Presets component loaded from an older file and previous build.

The Preset version I’m using is from 2018.27910 and it says Version 1 in the Preset Params.
Thanks for the support!

Fixed by updating to the latest Preset component.
Thanks Ben