RESOLVED: 099 2017.7180 win10 will not start

hi - after install (non-commercial) and when attempting to start/open the app - the splash screen shows and then two windows open, the main and the key manager. both however are completely blank. I have left them running in this state for several minutes. I am able to close the app using the close (cross) top left of window.
TD 088 works ok however I’m looking to move to 099 as I understand the scaling for 4k screens has been remedied.

i’ve ran a simple debug and attached the report

Thank you.

further info:

windows 10 - home
core i7 - 7700hq
NVidia - 1050 ti - 4gb
report1.txt (31.7 KB)

Can you try upgrading your graphics drivers from Nvidia.com? What version drivers are you running?

hi Ben -

I believe I have the latest: vers 382.53

have been reading a few comments here and there… are any of the MS c++ redistributables a requirement?

thanks

Can you check that you have the latest windows updates install? We install vs2015 redistributables if missing.

I am having this same issue with completely up to date Windows and Nvidia drivers with the latest version of TD from the download page. Overriding global Nvidia graphics settings seem to have to effect either. Same for running winmgmt /resetrepository . N one of the fixes from old forum posts seem to do anything. Any ideas? I have a RTX 2080 and AMD 2920x CPU.

I found this much more recent thread which fixed the issue: FIXED: Black screen on startup

1 Like