FIXED: current 088 and 099

Windows 10
GTX 1060

Using an export table to set a clone parameter on a geometry COMP crashes when changing the clone master par.

This works the first time through, but will fail if you subsequently try to change the clone.

crashauto save and dump file included
I’m on my way out the door at the moment, but I’ll put together a proper consistently failing example later tonight.
CrashAutoSave.toe (3.83 KB)
TouchDesignerCrash088.x64.62610.1.dmp (173 KB)

Okay.

Got to dig in on this a little more to try and sort out any consistency here.

Four examples are provided.

In each of the variations that generates a crash you’ll find a button that will toggle off a reset par on a count CHOP - the crash should happen shortly after you toggle the button.

Execute to set pars
An execute dat sets the clone parameter of a geo COMP - this is the only solution that does not generate a crash.
base_execute_to_set_pars.tox (1.36 KB)

Reference to set pars
Python reference to set the clone parameter of a geo COMP - this solution results in a crash after the clone master val changes the second time.
base_ref_to_set_pars.tox (2.01 KB)

Table Export to set pars var1
Python evaluation in an export table to set the clone parameter of a geo COMP - this solution results in a crash after the clone master val changes the second time.
base_export_table_to_set_pars_var1.tox (2.15 KB)

Table Export to set pars var2
CHOP Execute changes a target cell in an export table - - this solution results in a crash after the clone master val changes the second time.
base_export_table_to_set_pars_var2.tox (2.31 KB)

Thanks.
We see the crashes and are working on a fix.
-Rob

Thanks Rob!

Okay, next posted build should have a fix.
The crash was in the Geo viewer displays, if that may help avoid them until then.

Cheers,
Rob.

Bug fixes always make my day!

Thank you thank you thank you.

We can work around this with an execute DAT at the moment.