FIXED - MOUSE CLICK - 099 macOS(10.12.4) 64-bit Build 5540

Dear TD Debugger,

We just found a little issue with mouse clicking in OSX Sierra 10.12.4 system.
The position of mouse click is always above where it seems to be.

Thanks for debugging,
Andras

I’m not seeing the issue in 2017.5540 or 2017.5940, the newest download. Try running the attached .tox. For me, the white dot is always at the tip of the mouse pointer. What are you seeing? Are you using a retina monitor and do you have the same issue on all settings? If you switch to a different mouse, do you have the same issue?
dot_follow_mouse.tox (462 Bytes)

If I open your file in performance mode or in a viewer window everything is correct.
But if I try it inside the network editor the mouse is correct at the bottom of the viewer and becomes farther(higher) from the center of the rectangle depends on the higher mouse position inside the op viewer.
And its the same issue with everything inside the network editor window, but correct in every newly opened window. The op creator dialog is working correct too.
I using a retina monitor I checked it in different resolutions and also with different mouses but its the same.

Are you using full screen mode by any chance? I found an issue where the mouse is offset when full screen, but can only duplicate when I switch to perform mode, not in the network editor itself.

I also can’t reproduce on my retina MBP. Do you have extra monitors connected? Could you share your display settings with us?

yup i have same problem. :frowning:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
os 10.12.1

weird thing is this problem in new, i didn’t have it a few weeks ago.

TD099 2017.1900

Can you guys try 2017.6800?

I think this is the same issue as an another post - View->Show Tab Bar somehow got turned on:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10491

If you toggle back to hide, the issue should be fixed. If you don’t mind sending the following file to support@derivative.ca, I’d like to confirm the issue:

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ca.derivative.TouchDesigner099.plist

Thanks, and sorry it took so long to sort out.

I have the same issue with a fresh install on Windows 10.

I have a hiDPI monitor but have tried adjusting both resolution and scaling without success.

The mouse click position is below where it should be, about 20 or so pixels, so in order to press any interface elements in touch designer, you have to hover below the option. The windows title bar also covers the top of the application, so none of the menus are visible.

There doesn’t seem to be a “View” menu anywhere in the app, unless it’s being hidden by the title bar and i can’t get to it, but i’m able to get to the “File” menu and move my mouse over between the other menus all the way to “Help” which I assume is the last menu RTL, and can’t find the view menu, therefore this fix above doesn’t work.

Basically it’s un-useable in windows 10. I normally run linux and have to boot into this separate windows install just to use touch designer, but running into this problem is keeping me from using the application at all.

Would appreciate any help, thanks!

The previous discussion on this thread was with respect to macOS, so you will not find the view menu in Windows.

Can you check your Display Settings dialog and make sure display scaling = 100%. Since you setup a new Window install for this, did you get the very latest graphics drivers from Nvidia or AMD?
Finally, which build of TouchDesigner are you running? Could you include a screengrab.

Thanks for the help and your patience.