Screen grab issue. 099 2017 4580

Hello,
The screen grab top stops working. Anyone with the same issue?
Thanks.

What’s your OS and hardware?

Tested with:

Windows 10
GTX 980

Still working for me.

Its Windows 10
GPUÇ GTX 980M.
Drive version 378.66

I do have trouble with it as well on my laptop. Seems to be an issue with Optimus.

Running 870 GTXM Windows 10.1

Cheers
Markus

So it does NOT work for me in 099 2017.4580, but it DOES work in 088 62380. This is on a Windows 10 Surface Book i7 with the GTX 940M-ish GPU.

Testing on my Win 7 Pro x64 i7 with the official NVidia GTX 980 GPU works fine, so it seems to be limited to mobile GPUs?

Can you try switching your Power Options to “High Performance” in order for it to always use the dGPU?

Cheers
Markus

This is expected as 099 got a new super-fast method for screengrabbing that lets you grab whole canvases at full frame rate. However, we are finding a few laptops don’t like the new method.

TD already uses the dGPU whenever it starts but I tried setting the preferred GPU to the nvidia and setting my power mode to high performance and still no bueno. I had another super obscure problem at some point with some limitation of specifically the Surface Book’s dGPU, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was…

Either way I’m glad to hear about the new screen-grab method. Works great on my desktop GPU and is super snappy… Not to be a whiner, but any chance we could get a par that toggles between the two methods? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
nograb.png

That’s what we are currently discussing as a mid term fix for this laptop issue.

Seeing this in 12100 on a Dell XPS 15.