RESOLVED: touchplayer not saving state of params

using the latest 099 release (15960) and an experimental build (31700?) on windows 10, we noticed that touchplayer does not save the current state of parameters (exposed through a ui) as touchdesigner does.
I don’t know if this is a bug, or perhaps crippled functionality in touchPLayer.

also, touchplayer does not seem to perform the onExit() function from an execute dat, we didn’t test this rigorously, so maybe i should say it doesn’t seem to execute a run() function from the onExit(). We had to put in a button to make it run our script (saving UI parameter states to a json file).

How are you saving the .toe file? Which command?

save from the menu generally.

Sorry, which menu? There is no built-in save menu in TouchPlayer. Or are you on macOS and talking about the Apple File menu?

Please post an example file.

obviously i misunderstood you.
since i don’t think you can save a toe file from touchplayer, i was assuming you meant saving in touchDesigner.
i was trying to save a json file with the current settings of a bunch of sliders when the project closed in touchPlayer.
m using an execute dat with onExit()
running a script in a text dat

def onExit():
op(‘export_presets_to_file’).run()
op(‘export_sequence_presets_to_file’).run()
return

the run commands work from a button with a panel execute, and the onExit() works when quiting touchDesigner, but not when quiting touchPlayer.
I will try to put together an example.

sorry for the trouble :blush: . i made a simple example of my problem, and that works without any issues. the trouble is obviously in my large mess of a file… somewhere.
whatever happened at the time, the issue made me implement a fuller and better preset system.