RESOLVED: 23840 - Kinect v2, TD, Windows 8.1 CRASH

Hi,

I am on TD 23840, Windows 8.1, i installed the kinect sdk 2.0 and still have the kinect runtime 1.8.

Everytime I select the kinect top or chop TD crash.
The kinect can be plugged or unplugged, it crashes.
When i remove the sdk 2.0, it doesn’t crash.
The kinect works fine with the softwares that comes with the sdk.

I7, 2.5ghz, nvidia 750M.

Anyone had similar problems?

Thanks.

About to order a Kinect. Can’t wait for the V2 support and I’m still running Win7. Will grab the Kinect One Camera. Is there a certain model I should look for? Some released just for Windows? Thanks.

Grab the Kinect 2 for Windows:

microsoftstore.com/store/msu … .298810500

The others may or may not work.

P.s. not really great to threadjack this bug thread.

The wiki page:
derivative.ca/wiki088/index.php?title=Kinect
Doesn’t go into specific Kinect models to use.

Your question is unrelated to jdufosse’s. Start a new thread in general or hardware.

Thanks Elburz

yes if someone could help with the initial topic that would be great :slight_smile:

Jacob

What version of runtime 2 are you using? A colleague of mine messaged me this morning saying that he was having the same issue as you, I believe. I sent him the older version of runtime 2 that I had in my downloads folder and he said it worked. Try grabbing the link below, it’s one older than the newest kinect 2 runtime, and he said it’s working again on his end.

Edit: dropbox link taken down. Google Kinect 2 sdk version 1407 if you have this issue.

Thanks a lot elburz !

had the exact same issue
and it works now with your older driver

:slight_smile:

Great, cheers man.

The new SDK removed a function that allows us to see how many devices are connected, which causes it to crash on initial usage now. We are posting a new build soon that’s updated for the new SDK. For now the solution is to use the download link that Elburz kindly posted.

New link here:

Edit: link taken offline since bug is resolved.

We’ve also just posted TouchDesigner build 23980,
which should work with Kinect SDK Version 2, Build 1408:

derivative.ca/088/Downloads/

This build has now been posted:
(build 23980)

derivative.ca/088/Downloads/

deleted post

Threadjack…make a new thread. :imp:

Kinect2 now working fine :smiley:

Thanks Derivative

Thanks guys,

works fine for me.

Last question, the resolution of the kinect can only be full HD or will it possible to select another lower res?

Cheers. Jacob